Wednesday 9 September 2015

Exile 2

Last week I went into self-imposed exile as I went to SK to deliver some stuff in Caronport. Originally it was supposed to be a road trip for two, but Terry had to stay a bit longer with his mom in Holland. I had planned this trip to visit some "wild" landscapes: the Sand Hills near Sceptre and Writing on Stone park in AB. I think unconsciously I have something with the number 3. Or as they say "good things come in three". I was gifted with extra time so I was able to add a visit to Cypress Hills. To sum up these 3 sites, 3 words come to mind: fear, awe and respect.  As I'm getting to know both my self and God, these 3 words pretty much say it all. It starts with a sense of unsettledness/apprehension at my own darkness and God's greatness. Then I stand back in awe and wonder at God's mercy and how he transforms me and slowly I learn to respect my real self as it is transformed by God, which leads to praise  and respect for my creator. Not that I am perfect, but bit by bit I learn to let go of all my masks and let God put some new make-up on my face.
Coming back I was inspired to put my thoughts down and I worked on the desert quilts.
As promised here are the first two:
Flames in the desert

Streams in the desert

 

No comments:

Post a Comment