Tuesday 28 October 2014

Ramblings on Home

A home takes many shapes and sizes. I've called many places "home" over the years. I have felt "home" in many countries but it is always great to be able to come home to Calgary and my family. And yet I keep on looking for a place to feel home, a sense of restlessness is always there. One of the old saints has said: " our hearts are restless until they find rest in God". We may have a physical home and still feel not home.
Whenever I travel and stay at another place I have to make that place home by unpacking my suitcase and putting my PJ's on the bed.
Guess what, my favourite quilt block is the log cabin. It's a very versatile block and it changes with whatever colour and strip width or setting you choose. You can see some different quilts I've done with this simple block.

Home is where the heart is
When I loose my heart
I can't be home
I'm searching, wandering
No solid ground
Until I find my heart again.
--------------
My heart, Immanuel
Who calls me to follow
And go where he calls me
Calling me home.
--------------
Travelling away from home
Where do I go, where will I be
When we stay where we are
We won't have a home.

Blue Christmas


Yule logs

At home in the tulips

Log Wreath

The leaf doesn't fall far from the log



Tree log

Heart log

No comments:

Post a Comment