Tuesday 9 December 2014

Connecting the dots

I walked into the Lego store with my eldest son yesterday! He's 21 in a few weeks but Lego still has an attraction to both of us. I always threatened to vacuum up the pieces if it wasn't cleaned from the floor, but never could go through with it because each little block is precious, when you want to build something.
When I started quilting I would keep every little scrap and bit, because you never know, you may need it later! As the years went by I strayed from that notion a bit and will only keep pieces that are at least 1" by 4". There's a fine line between "hoarding" and "saving for later".......
 
I went into a scrap bag and found this little square already made with blue polkadots. I went through the whole bag and found enough scraps to make 8 squares in total. The next day I went to all the fabric stores to find matching material, because you'll never find enough scraps of the same material to make a whole quilt (Murphy's law for quilters). Of course I couldn't find that print anymore, so had to become creative and find alternative fabric.
The moral of the story I haven't quite figured out.
- One little thing can send you on a goose chase and you waste a lot of time?
- it's important to keep notes of which fabric you bought when and where?
- Always keep enough scraps to make a whole quilt?
- Every little scrap counts and with an open mind and creativity anything can turn out beautiful?

God send us a little baby to start with. What we do with him is up to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment