Tuesday 2 December 2014

Lost & found


The block pattern of this quilt is called "lost nine patch". You sew a nine patch and then you slice it crosswise and then rearrange the blocks to this stunning result. I called this quilt "lost daffodils".
I remember playing hide and seek and the disappointment of not being found. It's funny that we want to find a hiding place that won't be found, but deep inside we all want to be found.
 I've come to realize that feeling lost isn't necessarily a bad thing. It stirs my creative juices and I learn to think outside of the box, just as God was thinking outside of the box.This advent I was reminded of God's playfulness and creativity in finding a "lost" world. He took an ordinary family with an ordinary baby. But by putting a cross through the middle he rearranged everything and the end result is stunning too!

How silently, how silently this wondrous gift is given
So God imparts in human hearts the blessing of his heaven
No ear may hear his coming, but in this world of sin
Where meek souls will receive him still, the dear Christ enters in

No comments:

Post a Comment